Sunday, July 20, 2014

Long time no blog!

I have no excuse! Where have a been the past 2 years? Here is a recap in a nutshell-

We will be closing on our new house in 12 days! We said good bye to our home of 10 years and are starting anew!! To say Devine Intervention was involved is an under statement. God's plan is always better than what we think is right- no matter how awesome you think your plan is. 
Spencer and I are now married 10 years! I found this pic on Pinterest and it describes us perfectly :-)

Now my boys-
Hank and Brody have taught me so much and I will break it down as simply as I can:
1- Don't eat junk/crap food. You and your body deserve better than that. Being conscious about what I am cooking for my family has changed  us a lot..... for the better.  I like to try eat "clean" and make it fun!
2- Play!!! No explanation needed

3- Always  take the time to answer and explain question--- you may be diverting a small crisis!
4-Praise Praise Praise your children! They are  a gift!!!
5- Teach your boys to be confident and stand up for themselves .
These next 2 are important!!!
6- You are your child's advocate- be their voice!  Be the Lioness!!
7- FOLLOW YOUR INSTINCT! Let your mama bear out too!!!



The biggest Lesson to myself is to take care of yourself. 
You have toxic people in your life? Cut them out- you don't have to shut the door forever- toxic people can change but until they do- cut the tie.
Choose to be happy- why not?
I am not a victim- people are not out to get me- I know this may sound strange but I use to subconsciously think this way. It stunk and not to mention very draining.  I stopped thinking this way- and guess what? It worked!
There is always a different way of looking at things- don't be afraid to look at things in a different perspective! It actually can be refreshing.

Duty is calling! Thank you for reading and I value your opinion/feedback in any shape or form

much love,
Kari

No comments: